Decorating your yard for Christmas provides you with a whole canvas to work with. You can choose from many different themes to help achieve the majestic look you are going for to brighten up your home for the holiday season.
When decorating for Christmas, you can work with the different elements of your yard that are already in place and enhance them with simple but effective decor options.
- Using your deck railings and fence for lights is a great way to bring out the holiday spirit. You can twist cord lights around the railings and drape them over your fence to achieve a subtle but powerful look. String lights are elegant and provide just the right element of illumination to make your backyard light up.
- Go for multi-colored twinkle lights to really show your love of Christmas. You can twist these into garland around posts, railings, or your fence posts. Hang them in trees or shrubbery for a more colorful look to your garden. You’ll love how these beautiful lights will create a hue of color over your entire yard.
- Pine needle garlands will add to the natural look of your backyard. These garlands can hang on your fence as valances or off patio rails and even gazebos. They are simple to hang and twist around to achieve the look you’re going for.
- Use garlands of different colors if you want to add bursts of color to your yard. You can create characters, designs, or even wreaths to make your yard pop with Christmas spirit. Hang some in trees and shrubbery to add a little glitter to your outdoor space.
- Decorate some small jars and put tea lights in them to be hung in a tree or off your fence. You can even place some on your deck railings. Use red, green, or gold bows to make them stand out.
- Get some pillar candles to place in painted wine bottles. Illumination from inside the bottles will add a classy look to your backyard.
Ribbons and Bows:
- Add large white and gold bows to the tops of shrubbery and see how quickly it provides an elegant Christmas feel to your yard. It turns simple plants into miniature Christmas trees with just one addition.
- Use red bows with touches of gold for your fence and deck. You will love how this simple design technique will quickly provide the Christmas look that will put you in the spirit.
- Make use of the nature around you to create a natural Christmas feel. You can hang sprigs of pine and cedar on your home, deck, and fence to create a natural holiday look. You can add pops of red holly to these to help them stand out.
- Get some pine cones and logs to create centerpieces that can either hang or sit on steps or the grass. You can paint pine cones in white to hang them, paint logs into makeshift presents or just use them as a yule log decoration to provide a wonderful, natural feel to you yard.
There is so much potential when decorating your yard for the holidays. You have so much you can work with to be as elaborate or simple as you desire. Make use of all the elements in your yard to create the holiday haven you desire.
For more information about getting your yard ready for the holiday season and decorating your fence, contact us today. We can get you a new fence for your backyard in no time.