Ornamental fencing is a beautiful option for a classic, chic fence to surround your home. If you’re looking at the many different styles of fencing and just can’t decide on which on is best for your yard, we’ve gathered a list of our favorite ornamental fencing styles to help you out.
Ornamental Iron Fence
Iron fences are most commonly thought about when ornamental is brought up. Most iron fences are generally the same, with specifically spaced out iron bars, but the top of an ornamental fence is where your fences decorative side comes in. Although some posts can be intricately designed to become an ornate staple of your home, the crowning of each post, whether it’s a spike, ball, or other decorative ornamentation, is the defining factor of a beautiful wrought-iron fence.
There are a variety of toppers and accessories to create a unique look for your ornamental fence.
- Hollow balls – Spheres that top your fence bring a classy feel to the entire yard.
- Caps – These square covers simply sit on the tops of the vertical beams of your fence.
- Rosettes – Beautiful flowered rosettes can top your fence to set in stone (or steel) your favorite floral arrangements that will blend perfectly with your backyard garden.
- Spears – Spikes or spears were some of the earliest toppings on wrought-iron fences and have come to be associated with antique and monumental homes of days gone by.
- Fluer De Lis – Probably one of the most common toppers, Fluer De Lis add that extra touch of nature in a stylish yet timeless way.
- Stamped Steel – Having a stamped steel piece atop your ornamental fence will allow you to have any topper you desire. You can have a stamped frog, bird, leaf, garden tools, or any other hobby, animal, or object you want your fence to display.
While most ornamental fences are wrought-iron or aluminum, there can be other aspects to it. Some fences are designed to have brick columns every few feet as both a support and a stylish feature. Some ornamental fences have matching access panels or gates as an added security bonus.
If you need beautiful ornamental fencing around your yard, contact us today for a FREE quote and get any style of fence.