You can choose different colors of vinyl fences. With the changing seasons, you may want to change up the landscaping style of the fence. Here are some landscaping ideas for each season of the year.
Winter Fence Ideas
Winter is the coldest season of the year. The durability of a vinyl fence will allow it to last through the winter months but, many plants cannot survive winter’s harsh weather conditions. Fortunately there are some that can.
- A Chaenomele, commonly known as a Flowering Quince is a type of shrub that is virtually indestructible. These flowers can withstand winter’s harsh climates with ease. It can grow to be 8 feet wide.
- An Evergreen Boxwood is a type of hedge that is easy to grow and shape. It keeps its vivid green color throughout the winter and resists diseases, pests and even deer! They typically grow to be about 2-3 inches tall but can grow to be about 5 feet tall. They grow to be 4-5 inches wide.
Spring Fence Ideas
April showers bring May flowers! During this season the weather conditions vary. Rainfall is frequent this time of year as well as the possibility for tornadoes and hurricanes. The weather is also sunny and warm during this season. Vinyl fences are durable enough for this season as well. There are many landscaping opportunities for the spring season.
- A Hellebore, also known as a Lenten Rose are best for the early springtime period. These plants are frost resistant and bloom to be a beautiful white color that fades to pink. They grow to be about 12 inches tall and 18 inches wide.
- A Harmony Iris is a spring flower that blooms to be a deep vivid blue or purple color. These flowers would look amazing next to a vinyl fence. They grow to be about 6 inches tall and 6 inches wide.
Summer Fence Ideas
Summer is the sizzling season! During this time of year the weather gets extremely hot. Vinyl fences bear the hot weather well. During this season some flowers will do better than others.
A Gloriosa Daisy is a deep yellow daisy with a dark chocolate center. They are perfect flowers for the summer. They grow to be 3-4 feet tall and 1 1/2 feet wide.
An Aster is a daisy-like flower that blooms to be lavender, pink or white. They are very popular during the summer months. They can definitely spruce up a vinyl fence. They range from 8 inches to 8 feet tall, depending on the type.
Fall Fence Ideas
Fall in love with Autumn! During this season the weather goes from extremely hot to cool. As with the other seasons, a vinyl fence will do well in this type of weather.
- A Helenium is a type of daisy that blooms to be a deep yellow-orange or red color. They grow to be 5 feet tall.
- A Sedum is a perfect fall flower that could be beautiful against a vinyl fence. They are a cranberry color. They grow to be about 18 inches tall.
As you can see, there are many ways to spice up the landscaping on your property. Vinyl fences are versatile enough to endure them all!