There are a lot of amazing things you can do with your backyard to create additional lighting for your own little space. If you don’t like the traditional look of porch lights or find that they aren’t enough to cover your deck or yard, then you can try decorating your backyard with some more creative lighting choices. You can use your fence, deck, garden, or other things in your yard to get the lighting you desire for a relaxing outdoor experience.
When decorating your backyard, try out some of these lighting ideas that will really enhance your space and put a personal touch on your yard.
For your fence:
- String lights are not just for Christmas, anymore; you can hang them on your fence. Try getting some white lights to hang against the fence to create a twinkle effect or look into getting seasonal colors to accent your garden’s foliage.
- Try hanging some paper lanterns from string lights or around outdoor floodlights. You will surely enjoy the softness of this kind of lighting and the different designs and colors can turn your backyard into a brand new space. It is a great way to create ambiance and create a relaxing yard.
For your deck:
- Paint some mason jars to match your backyard decor and put a candle inside to create an aura that will look great. You can get creative with types of lighting, from colored candles to battery operated in order to create different flame looks.
- Use seashells to create a cute centerpiece on your deck table. You can place candles in the shells and let them burn down to create a puddle inside the shell. With the shells collecting the wax, you have very little cleanup to do and they can be reused.
- With some old tin cans, you can make lanterns to hang on your patio umbrella or around the deck. You can poke holes in the tin cans in whatever patterns that suits you and hang a light inside to decorate the backyard just how you like it.
General backyard lighting:
- Place solar lights around a foot path to give you light to create a soft, soothing effect. The best thing about these lights is that they do not require electricity and charge during the day.
- Put some lights in the planters around your yard to illuminate that beautiful garden you’ve got. You can use string lights or solar lights; both are effective and end up as a beautiful addition to your backyard.
- Get colorful ribbons to place tea lights in the trees around your yard. This is a lovely way to add elegance to your space and introduce overhead lighting in unique ways.
There are so many wonderful things you can do to add light to your peaceful backyard. Get creative and use items from around your home to create the look you desire. Everything in your backyard can be decorated with lights, so give these ideas a try or come up with your own.