A pool is an excellent addition to any property, offering a great way to cool off during summer. However, pool owners are responsible for keeping kids and pets safe by installing a fence. But what is a pool fence, and why is it crucial? This post should help you understand the basics of pool fencing.
Benefits of Installing a Pool Fence
As a responsible construction site manager or owner, you stand to gain the following benefits when you install a pool fence.
- Keep Critters Out – Pools are a water source for small animals around your property. So, don’t be surprised to see raccoons, skunks, frogs, snakes, and other critters drinking from your pool. Luckily, you can erect a fence to keep wild animals away from the pool.
- Peace of Mind – With a pool fence, you don’t need to fret about accidents. The safety a pool fence affords should give you peace of mind if you have kids and pets around.
- Keep Kids and Pets Safe – A pool fence protects kids and pets from falling into the pool when there’s a lapse in adult supervision.
Additionally, pool fences add privacy and can help you save on insurance.
Types of Pool Fencing
Below are the different pool fence types you can choose from.
- Aluminum Pool Fence – Aluminum pool fencing is ideal due to its durability, ease of installation, and anti-rusting properties.
- Wrought Iron Fence – This fence is the perfect choice for people looking for durability and elegance. This pool fencing has classic aesthetics, but you must ensure it’s high enough to deter kids from climbing.
- Wood Pool Fences – A wood pool fence is the best choice if you prefer a traditional style. This fence type is a good investment if you need privacy, durability, and ease of installation. However, you must regularly maintain a wood pool fence for it to last longer.
- Vinyl Pool Fence – Vinyl fencing offers privacy, especially if you are self-conscious in a bathing suit. Besides, vinyl pool fencing is durable and available in different colors and designs.
- Glass Pool Fence – This fencing type provides an unobstructed view of your pool. Besides, a glass pool fence offers simplicity and durability without interfering with your landscape. You can choose between a frameless and semi-frameless glass style.
Mesh pool fencing is also popular because it is removable, transparent, durable, and has excellent safety ratings.
At least now you understand the basics of pool fencing. But if you still need to know more, don’t hesitate to engage our team for more information.